Sunday, January 8, 2012

Owls! Get your chubby little owls here!

Have been having a nice calming crafty day... Well, up to the point when I realised I'd sewn the wrong bit to the wrong bit and need to do some unpicking, but it was fixable. Overall it's been a lovely day, with tea, cake and sewing...

I've spent most of the time on the patchwork bag shown below. I used the wonderful Sprocket Pillow tutorial at CluckCluckSewfor the patchwork, and Aimee Ray's 'Happy Village' pattern from 100 Pretty Little Projects for the construction. I'm really pleased with it, and also made the patchwork piece for a sprocket cushion proper. Allison at CluckCluckSew does say that " The only problem with them is that you can’t make just one…trust me …I tried"... I think I agree with her, it may be the first of my new sewing addictions.





























My second new sewing obsession?
Owls!
Tiny, dinky, chubby little owls!
I found this great tutorial while browsing on Pinterest, it's so simple it doesn't even need words, and the resulting owls are really really sweet.


I've had a pleasingly productive weekend overall, having already finished making myself a hat and dyeing some of my handspun yarn. It's not dry and ready for photographs yet, but this is the 'before' photo...

I had kool-aid dyed the roving before spinning it, and it was a nice enough colour, just not very me (it's a sort of watermelony pink). I've overdyed it with two different darker shades of kool-aid, just waiting for it to dry, can't wait to knit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment